What is SPARC?
SPARC (Success Pathways and Roads to Careers) helps the future work-force achieve their career goals by bridging the skills gap of young adults coming out of high school by communicating with real world needs. By volunteering as a Career Coach, you can connect with students and young adults who are interested specific career paths.
As a Career Coach, you will interact with students and young adults through SPARC message boards on Career Cruising. They will ask questions either about a specific company or specific job. If it matches your profile, you will receive a notice from the SPARC Network. These questions could help shape not only our future work-force, but the lives of young Delawareans.
- Become a Career Coach through your company. Students can post questions on the SPARC message board either to your company or job title.
- Give back to your community by taking part in helping our youth reach their full career potential.
- Bridge the skills gap of students coming out of high school by communicating what the real world needs.
- If you are retired or wish to volunteer as a Career Coach independent of your company, you can apply to be a community volunteer career coach!
- Connect to Delaware students and young adults to help them reach their full career potential.
- Positively affect and directly address the region’s drop-out, graduation and unemployment rates.
Is SPARC in your workplace?
If SPARC isn’t in your workplace yet, and you’d like to add your company to the SPARC Platform, click here.